Corpo da Guarda Principal
This building was designed by Anastácio de Sousa e Miranda under the supervision of Miguel Luís Jacob. Construction began in 1791 near the market porches. It and Quartel das Esquadras are surviving examples of military architecture purpose-built in Almeida. It is also one of the most emblematic in Praça de Guerra, given the monumentality and quality of its neoclassic design and its fine triple-arched portico.