This simple church was built in the second half of the 18th century. In the late 19th century its façade was in danger of collapsing. To reach the church you have to climb wide schist steps. It has two juxtaposed parts and a vestry. It is dedicated to Our Lady of the Conception and has been restored and extended several times. The work done in 1898-1900 resulted in the current façade with four strong cylindrical buttresses that rise above the nave and are topped by cone. This work also involved construction of the bell tower and choir loft. The church’s chancel was extended and was fitted with four cylindrical columns with buttresses in each corner. The alterations were mentored by Canon Manuel Nogueira. Inside the high altar there is a renaissance-style carved altarpiece in gilded wood with image of Our Lady of the Conception, St Michael and St Sebastian. Other heritage items in the church: A 16th century limestone image of Our Lady of the Conception in a niche at the front watches over the square and blesses passers-by.