Villages

Parish Church or São Pedro Church

Castelo Mendo

Castelo Mendo

São Pedro Church is still a place of worship today and is located in Praça do Pelourinho. Its architecture is religious and its layout is longitudinal. A bell tower was added later. The portal and all the windows have straight lintels, with the exception of an arched window in the main façade. It has only one nave, which is paved with a wooden barrel vault ceiling. The altarpieces are in gilded carved wood. This building’s existence has been documented since 1320-21. In 1519, the church figured in the drawings of Duarte d’Armas. It underwent considerable renovations in the 19th century.