Villages

Station of the Cross

Sortelha

Sortelha

In 1742, Stations of the Cross were built with motifs of baroque influence: a straight lintel niche, crown blocks with volutes, rosettes, triangles and a protruding lintel very similar to a cornice. The set consists of five very similar stations located around the village, always against a wall: São Sebastião Chapel, the Town Gate wall, the castle entrance in Largo do Pelourinho, the top end of the Parish Church and near Falsa Gate in Rua Dá Mesquita.