This Manueline pillory built in 1510 by order of King Manuel is in the square in front of the Town hall and prison at the foot of the castle. It has six octagonal steps, a column with no base and a circular fluted capital. There is a lozenge-shaped piece on top with curved sides. It is topped by a board with a circular effect due to the superimposition of crescent shaped rings with four small columns. On top is an elongated armillary sphere with an iron spike through it.