Villages

Gate in Largo de S. João Square

Castelo Rodrigo

Castelo Rodrigo

The gate has a rounded vault and full arch and is described as “enclosed” in the Parish Records of 1758. The square bears the memory of a church dedicated to St John the Baptist that once stood. It can be seen in a representation by Duarte D’Armas from 1508.