Villages

Clock Tower

Almeida

Almeida

It is located in the archaeological area of the castle and Parish Church of Our Lady of Candeias, which was destroyed in 1810, though the foundations of its tower may have been used. It is square in shape and has four bell openings that can be reached up wooden stairs. Its design fluctuates between the sobriety of neoclassicism and exotic baroque and stands out in the town’s skyline. It bears date of 1830.